USNA Alumni Chapter Website Network
Say Goodbye to HTML/ftp or procuring third party hosting to maintain your class website current. The US Naval Academy Alumni Association is now offering hosted WordPress sites free for all chapters as another tool in your chapter leadership toolbox.
Note: A new Theme matching the USNA.com theme is now available. For instructions on how to easily convert your site from the former default theme to this new exciting theme, please visit the site admin site on or after Sunday, 31 May.
Chapters on This Network Include
Chapters with Sites in Development
- Boston Chapter
- Guam Chapter
- Charlotte Chapter
- Delaware Chapter
- Indianapolis Chapter
- United Kingdom Chapter
- New Mexico Chapter
- Central Virginia Chapter
- St. Louis Chapter
- Oklahoma City Chapter
- Sacramento Chapter
- Southern Idaho Chapter
- Charleston Chapter
- Alamo Chapter
- Pittsburgh Chapter
- Stuttgart Germany Chapter
To find a chapter not listed above, visit http://www.usna.com/page.aspx?pid=284
The Out of Box Ready to Go Site Templates
The Chapter Template is under continuous refinement as more and better ideas of what can and should be included in chapter sites are discovered:
- Full Chapter Site Template – More than everything you would want in a chapter site.
- Chapter Simple Site Template – Basically “about us” and “contact us,” but additional needed pages easily added
USNA Chapter Leadership
Standing up a new chapter website on this network takes a matter of minutes with no understanding of WordPress from the beginning. Advantages for having your chapter website on this network are:
- WordPress is intuitive – easier than Facebook.
- Update your chapter website from any device, including iPhones, from anywhere in the world.
- Add multiple users to your site admin team to share communications responsibilities.
- Your chapter website is FREE, no need to register your own domain, No worries to keep your domain registration current, no need to find website hosting. All site platform maintenance, improvements and updating is done by a team of site constituents.
Visit usnaaasiteadmin.net/getting-started to get started.